Interested in volunteering? We can't wait to meet you!
With over 3,000 animals entering the shelter each year, volunteers are a vital resource. CMHS encourages the participation of volunteers who support the CMHS mission: to create a fulfilling and mutually beneficial experience between volunteers and animal residents while also advocating for shelter animal adoption and successful pet ownership.
- You need to be at least 16 years old. We hope to resume our Junior Volunteer opportunities very soonn!
- Have an interest in helping animals become successful pets.
- Have a mature and respectful attitude towards staff, the public and animal residents at all times.
- Have a working email or other means of communication.
- Support CMHS philosophies, policies and mission.
Questions? Contact our volunteer coordinator at [email protected] or 573 443 7387 ex. 211.
*We cannot accommodate volunteers with criminal records that include felony drug offenses, any charges involved with theft, abuse or cruelty to animals.