- Coordinating off-site donation drives
- Collecting donations from various businesses around Columbia once a month
- Virtual fostering
- Handle & transport animals for events
- Transport animals to/from vet appointments or rescues
- Doggy Day Out (DDO)
- Dog Walking on the Bear Creek Trail
- Video/TikTok Assistant
- Dog & Cat Kennel Assistant
- Assist Behavior Team with Pawsitive Support Program (PSP)
- Playgroup Assistant
- Pawsitive Support Dog Training
- PSP Medication Assistant
While our building is still closed to the public, we HIGHLY encourage any groups interested in volunteering to help CMHS animals by organizing and collecting items from our Wishlist. If your group has an animal friendly office, we'd be happy to bring an animal to you so the group can see who is benefitting from your hard work and generosity!
For any questions you might have, please reach out to our volunteer coordinator at [email protected]
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age, or have a parent/legal guardian present for the duration of their time at CMHS if between 10-17 years of age. Unfortunately we are not able to accommodate children under the age of 10 years at this time.
- Must have a mature & respectful attitude towards staff, the public & animal residents at all times
- Have an interest in helping animals become successful pets
- Have a working email
- Complete the online orientation and assessment
- Must wear closed toe shoes & appropriate clothing for handling animals
*We cannot accommodate volunteers with criminal records that include felony drug offenses, any charges involved with theft, abuse or cruelty to animals.
If you are at least 18 years of age or are the parent/guardian of a minor looking to volunteer, please fill out this application with YOUR INFORMATION. If you are a parent volunteering with a child, you will be asked to provide the child(ren)'s name(s) on your application. If you would like the child to submit their own application, they can do so below. This is in addition to the parent/guardian's application, not a replacement to the parent/guardian's application.