Lost or Found a Pet?
Found a Stray?
Stop by CMHS during regular business hours and enter through the back of the shelter through the door marked "animal drop off". Please have your drivers license or other form of valid ID on hand (required under the Missouri Department of Agriculture) and you will be asked to fill out a short form regarding where/how you found this animal. While there we do not charge a fee for this service, all donations are greatly appreciated!
COVID-19 Update: During the Boone County Stay at Home order, Animal Control will NOT be picking up stray dogs.
Lost a Pet?
If you have lost your pet please visit the shelter at your earliest opportunity where we can help you fill out a lost pet report (also available in above links) and take you to look through the pets in our custody. Pictures are a huge help and can be uploaded through the lost pet report links or we can make a copy at the shelter. If your pet is microchipped, call the company associated with the chip to make sure your information is up to date and let them know the pet is missing.
Lost and Found Pet Resources
- Submit the lost and found online reports (found earlier on this page). Our staff and volunteers will make sure that information is posted to our community Lost & Found Trello board!
- Use social media! Make posts and check for found pets online, especially on Facebook and the Nextdoor app. We have a page dedicated to lost and found pets on Facebook: CMHS Lost and Found. Post to this page so we can share it with our followers.
- Make some flyers! Along with a great photo, be sure to include when and where your pet went missing and the best way to reach you. Place them around your neighborhood and be sure to talk to your neighbors.
- Let your vet know! Call your veterinarian (and others in the area) to let them know you pet is missing. Better yet, stop by in person so they can display your lost pet flyer.
- Don't give up hope! Pets have been reunited with owners months after going missing.