Due to concerns related to the spread of COVID-19, we are only accepting pets that need to be surrendered for emergency situations.
Central Missouri Humane Society’s staff and volunteers recognize and understand that surrendering your pet may be a very difficult decision for you and your family. Please know that we are here to assist you and to care for your pet. After working with our admitting staff, you may find there are other alternatives than surrendering your beloved pet.
However, if surrendering is the only option, here are a few tips to improve your pet's chance of adoption:
- Make sure they are up to date on vaccines.
- A clean bill of health is best but if they have a chronic health issue be sure to include that in their personality profile.
- Fill out a detailed personality profile (see links below). The more we know about the animal's personality and behavior issues the better we can match them with a home that will be a good fit for them.
There is a $20 fee to surrender your pet. Additional pets are $10 each. For litters of puppies or kittens: $30 without mom, $40 with mom.
Appointments are approximately 20 minutes long and the following items will be needed:
- Vet records for your pet
- Your drivers license
- Proof of Boone County residency
- Completed pet personality profile (see links below).